Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Going for 2 for 2

Well it's day #2 this week and day #1 was successful so yay 1 for 1! Goal for today is to make it 2 for 2! Yesterday I tracked all my food and I exercised, it was a good day! Even better was the small victories I had that I want to share. While running yesterday I was only going to do 30 minutes total, 5 minutes warm-up, 20 minutes slogg, 5 minutes warm-down. I got through half of the slog and I decided to finish it through to 25 minutes. I was on the treadmill and had it on 5.0 and was just going. The last 5 minutes I upped it to 5.1 an the last minute 5.4. I really wanted to stop around 6 minutes left total, but I pushed myself and I was glad afterwards. I really surprised myself in running that long. It wasn't very fast but I just kept on going. Today I am running outside so I am curious on how well I can do.

The other small victory was yesterday after work I came home and ate dinner. I was done by 6pm. Around 6:45 I left my house to run errands and finish up my Christmas shopping. First temptation was at Walmart, all the candies and things I wanted to buy to munch on but knew better. Then I was at the mall from about 7:45 to 9:30. There was the Auntie Anne's Pretzels, the food court with pizza and other goodies that smell good, and then ice cream too. I wanted sooo bad to get something as it had been about 3 hours at this point since I ate so I was starting to get a tad hungry again, but I didn't buy anything I could eat. I walked out of there and even turned down a free sample at one of the oriental places. I know it's not huge but I was really proud of myself!

Today I am working out at 4pm and then going to a clothing swap party tonight at 6:30. I am actually really excited about it as it is a great way to "go shopping" and not spend anything! :) I went through my closet last night and just about everything that doesn't fit anymore because it is too big, or things I haven't really worm in forever, plus a couple of pairs of shoes were all taken out of closet. tonight whatever doesn't get taken is getting donated! NOTHING is going back in my closet. I don't want to let myself think it will be okay to gain weight again because I have the clothes to fit into so no biggie! NO I am purging myself of the larger sizes! It was a great feeling to see that the pile was quite large! Hopefully I will get something cute tonight!! :)

Here's to a great Tuesday!

No comments: