Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holidays are the Monkey Wrench

Let me tell you holidays just throw a monkey wrench into everything! At work everyone is getting gifts from vendors and there is more food and sweets than anyone needs. Every corner you turn there is something yummy to eat. I have been pretty good, but yesterday there were these chocolate chunk brownies and I just couldn't stay away. They were organic and somehow I convinced myself that that made them "okay" and "healthy" for me to eat! hahaha! There are also LOTS of parties and they all have yummy foods and drinks. 2 nights in a row this week I have had something to go to. Each had little apps and drinks and that is what set me over! Last night I knew I had right at 600 calories left but I went over by 200 still. I didn't get to work out yesterday which definitely hurt because I would have been under if I had. Oh well nothing I can do about it now. The only thing I can do is today I WILL work out during my lunch hour, and do everything in my power to stay under.

These holidays need to just get over so I can get back to my normal routine. I love them don't get me wrong but they really monkey wrench things and when you are trying to get back on the horse, it is definitely a hard time to do so. My strong will is just going to really have to take over and quickly!!!

Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments: