Monday, December 19, 2011

Just Stay Positive...

Well this morning I couldn't help but feel disappointed when I step on the scale and it read 168.0lbs! SERIOUSLY?!! I actually got off and got back on to just make sure it read it correctly. I am hoping that I ate too much salt or something yesterday and it is all water weight. How did I gain 3.2lbs?!!?
Well I started to think about what I ate this weekend. I wasn't the best I have to admit, but I wasn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Granted I didn't track yesterday, and the worst part is I thought about it, I just never acted upon the thought. Here's what happened:

Friday night I had pizza and beer. I knew I was going to and so I accounted for it and stayed within my calorie count! Yay me! Planning is always a great thing! :) I was relaxing with my sister, watched 2 movies and around 11pm was getting ready for bed when I had a knock on my door - My Boyfriend Surprised Me!!! It was a FABULOUS surprise and I had a great weekend! It completely changed any plans I had, but I had no problem with that. Saturday morning we met a friend for brunch at a local place that serves Mexican Brunch. I had 3 bloody Marias and split this egg, black bean, potato, chorizo, and pico de gallo all on a tortilla. It comes with 2 but I split it with my sister. Of course I had chips and salsa too because there is NO part of me not eating chips and salsa if it is there to enjoy. I did however shortly after this take a 2 hour walk on the beach which was fabulous! I felt sooo much better afterwards. that evening I had a garden side salad and 1/2 a cheeseburger with some fries. Of Course my plate they doubled the fries for whatever reason. haha - oh lord! I was good I didn't eat any more than a serving. I just left them all there. I had a beer with dinner and another one later on that evening too. Okay I did intake a lot of calories Saturday but oh well.

Sunday we met his parent's for brunch at 10am. I ate an omelet with mostly veggies, no cheese and just a little bit of sausage. I also had a tiny waffle, some grits, 1 piece of bacon, 1 sausage link, and some breakfast hash with a bloody mary. That filled me p for quite a long time. Dinner around 7 was 2 slices of the White Pizza from Friday night. I made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies (found the recipe from a blog I follow - Macaroni and Cheesecake) for a work Holiday Pot Luck Party today. I only ate 1 cookie, but I did eat a lot of dough. I couldn't hep myself but now I am kinda pissed. I had about an ounce or 2 of red wine too. I also snacked on banana peppers and pickles that I had just bought. I have a weakness for those, so I am not sure why I buy them.

I also made a 12lb turkey. I planned on making it on Saturday but with my boyfriend being in town that went out the window. However, since I forgot I had to make the cookies, and I didn't want to rick the cookies having a turkey taste, I did them first so the turkey was cooked late last night. It will be for dinner tonight. Hopefully tonight, turkey, green beans, and potatoes will be a good one for the books today. The problem is the pot luck today at work. It is going to be a TON of food. Well here goes nothing today. BLAH!

Today's goal is to stay positive and just be happy about how wonderful last weekend was with my boyfriend! What a great unexpected surprise!!! :)

No comments: