Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Resolution

It's almost the end of 2011, can you believe it?! This year has been probably the best year I have ever had. It has had it's ups and downs, but the ups far out weighed the downs. I have lost 30lbs in a year! I have found the most amazing man I could ever dream of! I am happier than I have ever been in my life for soo many reasons! What is there to complain about?

Lately I have been a bit down on myself though I will admit. I have fallin off the horse in terms of exercising, tracking what I eat, and just making healthy choices all around. It all started back in October when I hit a slump and couldn't pull myself out of it before November came around and I was gone the entire month. Then there is the holidays and the temptation of all the goodies and treats sometimes (okay was basically all of the time) won and I enjoyed them. There were more sweets and treats at work, it was ridiculous! But it was more than just that, it was that I wasn't exercising and when I was wishing I was sitting my butt down doing nothing. I just haven't been able to get my head back into the game for whatever reason. I know this is going to be a long battle my whole life and I need to get back into the lifestyle so it becomes a habit again. That is the easiest way. However, they say it takes 30 days of doing something the "right" way for it to be come a habit (or something like that). If that is the truth than hopefully by the end of January I will be back at it with a positive attitude. Fake it until you make it right?! haha!

This morning I received an email from a great friend that really inspired me. I've talked about her many times in my blog, and I know that without her this journey would be that much harder! Anyway, she reminded me to look at the small victories even if they typically wouldn't be "normal" victories. She told me to look at how much I was gone in November and I didn't gain that much at all! My routine has been completely upside down since October and it hasn't effected my overall number that much. If this was last year or the year before it would have been much much worse. I should be proud of that. I look at it and I do smile, but it may take a couple of days of telling myself that it's a victory to truly believe it. However, her telling me this, her words of encouragement that it's not as bad as I make it out in my head is amazing! It's funny how someone else can pull you out of your own head and take a step back and look at it differently, yet you try to do that a million times and just can't.

I am looking forward to 2012! I am going to start a new training program on Monday, January 2nd that gets me ready to run a 15K. I have never run that far in my entire life! It's a challenge and one that I am ready for and excited about. However, I would be lying to say I wasn't nervous and a bit scared about it. My life will also slow down a bit, I think, come the beginning of the year. There will be some big changes later on in the year I am sure of it, however, for now it's just going to be calm and quiet and I am going to live in that moment for now. Come the start of the New Year it is back to one day at a time and getting back on track. I know everyone has New Year's resolutions about exercising more, or losing weight, however the part they are missing is something they can measure, something tangible they can hold onto and that is what I am setting today. My New Year's Resolution is to take getting back on track seriously, Track at least Monday-Friday when I am at work and it is the easiest. Upkeep my blog more regularly and set aside time to write it at least 4 times a week. I am not going to be focused on the scale and the number for a while, I am going to focus one something I can control and that is sticking to my training schedule for my 15K everyday just like it is written, tracking my food, and making healthy choices in my life. These are things I can control and measure that those are my New Year's Resolutions!

BTW - I am in Charlotte and my boyfriend is at work so I am off to work out! Go me! :)