Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Determination

Everyone always sets these ridiculous New Year's Resolutions, stick with them for maybe a month, 2 at best and then they fall by the way side. I talked about mine in my blog on December 30th (New Year Resolution), which basically I am going to control what I can control and no worry about those things I can not control. This applies to all aspects of my life, not just exercising and eating right, but making the time to spend more time with friends and family, being a better person in every way I know how basically. Back in August/September of 2011 something happened that was out of my control and I did a decent job of not letting what I couldn't control get to me, however, I could have done a better job. This is just an example of what I am talking about.
Today marks the 1st day of running on my new program. If you are interested here is the link to what I am doing - Hal Higdon's 15-K Training Guide. It is a novice program for someone training for their 1st 15-K. today is a 2 mile run which is good because that is what I have been doing so I know I can do it!

Today is the start of my re-motivation even if I have to "trick" myself into doing it. The goal is by the end of the end of the month to have a positive attitude about exercising and tracking. It takes 30 days to change a habit so here we go!!!

Happy 2012!

No comments: