Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moving Along

So yesterday was Day #1 of my training program. I ran my 2 miles on the treadmill at a 5.7 pace. I did some warm-up/down too so overall it was around 2.4 miles. Nothing big but what i was proud of was I was hurting around 1 mile but the 2nd mile didn't seem nearly as bad. I found something inside myself and just bit down and kept going. I really wanted to run outside yesterday but being that it was 40 degrees I decided not to get sick and stayed indoors.

Today is Cross-Training. Basically that means I can do whatever I want such as cycling, swimming, walking, even running again if I want. Obviously I am going to swim. It's only suppose to be for 30 minutes according to the training program but I am going to see how I feel and go from there. What I am excited about is to use my new heart rate monitor while swimming. My boyfriend got me this heart rate monitor stuff for Christmas that I wanted and it will be my first time using it while swimming. Granted this is the first time I am going to go swim in quite some time. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

By the way I am signing up today for a 5 mile race on January 28th. It falls within my training schedule so it works out great. I am nervous but since it has 2 bridges in the run, 1 of which is 1 of the 2 bridges in the 15K later in March I thought it would be a good idea. I went by the running store last night to sign up and pay for it, but since all the money goes to charity you have to sign up online only. Mark your calendars because that will be the longest run of my life thus far!

One last shout out - yesterday a friend of mine "cheered" for me while I was running and it was AMAZING! What this means is I have Nike +GPS and it posts to Facebook. It shows when I start running and that I am running. You can "cheer" for me and write me comments that I get while I am running. She did both and they couldn't have come at a better time. It was right at the beginning which is perfect because I wasn't to thrilled about running inside and she made me smile and put me in a good mood - THANK YOU!!!!

Have a great hump day everyone!!!

No comments: