Monday, January 9, 2012

GREAT weekend!

It's Monday and I am doing well - I know it's amazing I am not dragging or dread this Monday morning. I don't remember the last time that happened! haha! This weekend was great. I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done and that made me feel soo much better. I still have a little bit left to do, but the huge chunk of it is done which is fantastic! It's amazing how purging stuff you don't need and organizing the stuff you do can just calm and de-stresses you. I also got all my laundry done which was amazing, 5 loads later! 3 loads of clothes, one of misc stuff, and one with sheets and some of my sister's stuff. All of it is put away and I started the week off on a fresh start. It really is amazing how that works, starting off of the right foot.
Other than organizing and cleaning this weekend I got in some great relaxing time on Sunday. I sat in bed with my cat curled between my legs on top of the blankets, my dog snuggled up next to me, cooking channel on tv and my laptop in my lap just messing around. It was fantastically relaxing! I think this part along was one of the reasons I feel great today. Giving yourself some time to yourself, some time to just relax, not worry about anything and just kick back really helps to recharge the batteries and put you in a good mood. Being in a good mood can change everything in your life!

The other great note from this weekend is that I worked out twice this weekend! I mean my training schedule calls for it so I glad I followed it. I was suppose to run on Saturday and swim on Sunday, but since I missed Thursday's run and did it instead on Friday, I switched Saturday and Sunday to space everything out. Saturday I was suppose to do cross training for 30 minutes. I of course am choosing swimming for my cross training. I got int the water for the first time in months and did 2,000 yards. It took me about 37 minutes and I was really happy with the end results. It was hard but I pushed through and even challenged myself. I originally was going to do 8x50s free on 45 seconds (okay that is hard now people leave me alone! haha!) and instead I got to 6 and thought to myself lets do 12 instead and I pushed through. I was holding 38-39 seconds and my heart was pounding. It was a good work out. Then on Sunday it took me until 5pm to get out and run but once I got out there I felt great. I was suppose to run 2 miles but instead I ran 2.45 miles and with the warm-up of 0.25 miles and warm-down of 0.4ish I ended up doing a 5K - 3.12 miles! I did it too in 33:58 minutes and my best time ever is 33:18 minutes! I was really proud of myself for doing so well. All in all a good weekend for working out!

This week's work out schedule:
Monday - Stretching and Strengthening
Tuesday - 3 mile run
Wednesday - 30 minutes swim
Thursday - 2 mile run and strengthening
Friday - rest
Saturday - 3 mile run
Sunday - 30 minute swim
***My boyfriend will be in town this weekend so it will b hard to get want to get this in but I will be determined!!!

Have a  great week everyone!
 

No comments: