Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holding Strong

I know I have been quiet for the past 2 days but this time it doesn't mean I was "bad"! It was because the last 2 days have been CRAZY BUSY at work! Yesterday Marketing gave an ALL DAY training/ informational session to a group of internal employees that came in for training. Then of course Tuesday was last minutes prep all day. I am glad it is over because it took a lot of time and energy to get it all done.

I have however had 2 really good days regardless of the craziness. On Tuesday I went for a run and ran 3 miles straight! I don't know if I have ever run that far before without stopping. Maybe once before. I did a 0.25 warm-up before the run and so when I got to a 5K total (0.25 warm-up + 2.87 run) I was at 29:26 minutes! The fastest I have ever done in a race was 33.18! Yay Me! I finished out the whole thing and did 3.55 miles in 35 minutes. I was really happy with that! I felt good while I was running and had a good hurt so I am chalking it up as a "win"! Then yesterday I went and swam and did 2,000 yards in 37 minutes. It was hard both in the physical aspect, but also the mental aspect too because I knew what I was suppose to do, but I couldn't make my body do it. I have been out of the water again for a while and yes I swam Sunday too but that feel of the water is gone. It made me chuckle a bit when this girl I was sharing a lane with asked me how I go so fast?! I didn't even know how to reply to her because I felt soooo slow! haha!

The other reason I was proud of those 2 work outs was because we have this group of people in for work. On Tuesday night Marketing took them out to dinner at 6:30 and last night I got invited to go to dinner again at 6:30. Both evenings I made the time and worked in the work out! I didn't let myself "get out of it" because of dinner with colleagues. Then at dinner both nights I choose good options. The first night was Carne Asada with Chimichurri sauce and grilled onions and I substituted the rice for grilled veggies instead. I also got the skinny margarita and it was delicious. Last night I ordered off the "Healthy Menu" where everything was 575 calories or less. I got a side salad and didn't eat too much of the appetizer that was mostly fried food. I had to have a couple of things - I was starving because I swam and it looked too good! :)

Today is another run but only 2 miles and then some strength. I am dead tired today so I am hoping somehow that will wake me up. We'll see but I am holding strong this week. Well have a good Thursday and talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: