Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Interesting Day

So far today has been interesting. It started with my alarm going off at 5:45 AM - yes I know I don't do mornings and I think I cried and died a little when I heard it go off - to go for a run. I was talking to my boyfriend last night about how today was going to be soo busy and that my normal time of 4-5pm workout on Tuesdays wasn't going to happen because I was giving a presentation from 3:30-5.  Then I couldn't do it during lunch because we had a company BBQ Grill Out and I didn't want to be anti-social and skip it to work out, and finally couldn't do it after work because I have to be at a work dinner at 6:30 and can't be late to this one. Therefore, the only time was before work and I HATE the idea of working out on the mornings. He simply just told me that obviously it was a priority of mine because I was concerned of when I would going to get it in, so if it is a priority then make it a priority and get up and get it done if that is the only time. Thanks babe!

I got up this morning slowly, got changed and out the door I went. It was only 2 miles and I think that also helped getting be out the door because if it was like 5 I think I would have turned that alarm off and rolled over, no joke. The bad part was that I was still asleep when I tried to work out which doesn't typically work. Then because I was asleep I didn't realize I didn't even stretch until I took off running and my calves lit up on fire immediately. Oops! Next I hadn't eaten anything so I was hungry and didn't really have any fuel, and finally I had to go to the bathroom which is not fun when you are running. All in all wasn't the great nor fastest run by any stretch of the imagination, but I did it - 0.25 warm-up, 2 mile run, and just a tad over 0.25 warm-down.

The good news is I don't have to worry about it now today, stress out about trying to find time, it's already taken care of and done. Now that doesn't mean that I am going to start working out in the mornings, UMM NO! I really enjoy working out during my lunch hour, it is soooo much better for me. Everyone operates better at different times and I am not a morning person at all!!! Now the problem is I am sooo tired today. I am not kidding - I feel like I got rolled over with a steam roller. I think if I closed my eyes for longer than a second I would probably fall asleep. Oh well I guess, there are worse things in life. Tonight after my work dinner I am headed home and off to bed early!

On a good note, I am finally getting my feel for the water back! I only swim twice a week so it has taken a bit for me to feel comfortable in the water again. I had to swim last night so at 5pm on the dot I jumped into my car and headed to the YMCA. We had a dinner at 6:30, but since we had a private room it was okay to be a tad late and my boss knew I would be. I was in the water by 5:27 and needed to swim 35-40 minutes. I figured 40 minutes put me at 6:07, hope out fast shower and change and since the restaurant was 5-8 minutes down the road I should be right in on time, 5 minutes late at most. Well I got swimming and felt great and created a main set in my head, IM work yesterday, but didn't really think it through and at 40 minutes I still had a bit left and said screw it I feel great I am finishing. I ended up swimming 50 minutes and did 2,600 yards! That's 12 minutes longer and 600 yards more than I have done previous. YAY ME! It felt great and I was happy I did it all. :)

Well tomorrow is a swim again, thankfully!

No comments: