Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Proud of Myself

Wow it has been a week since my last blog - it's been that busy for me lately! Last week was just insane with all these people in town for training. It was something like 15 or so and then going out to dinner was 22-30 people. Of course it all fell on the Marketing team so we became the "hostesses of the mostesses". I did more little odd end jobs, can you do this can you do that for me than I ever have. I barely got anything of my work done last week I was running around soo much. Then there were all those evenings too, which weren't working dinners but were still social work dinners so you are still "on". By the end of the week I was exhausted! I actually skipped the Wednesday evening event that was bowling and crap food. Oh ya ALL the food we ate last week - OMG it was insane! I did gain 1.2lbs but looking back I am definitely surprised that that is all I gained. I really did try to do my best about keeping to my diet but it is soo hard when you "eat out" almost every single meal the whole week. I did make good decisions most of the time and was even called the healthy girl! haha!

What I was proud of most was that I made sure I made time for ALL my work outs. Yes it was my recovery week so the time commitment wasn't as intense - Thank God! But the fact that I got up early on Tuesday morning because I knew that was the only time I would have and on Thursday I made the time at lunch and ran, and on Monday and Wednesday I swam after work too. I really was impressed with myself because I could have very easily let the busyness of last week win and get in the way. I do have to say that morning workouts just aren't for me - that Tuesday morning just about killed me! However, on Thursday I was exceptionally proud of myself because I didn't want to run, well that's a lie, I wasn't really thrilled nor in the mood to exercise period but at the same time did - not sure how to explain that one. Anyway, my point is that I got downstairs and changed and put a smile on my face, I told myself that I wanted to run, I turned the music up loud while running and sang out loud, yes I really did sing out loud while running, I looked up at the beautiful sunshine and just took it all in. Before I knew it I had finished my 2 miles and was happy and glad I did it. I tricked myself into enjoying my run, into just being in a good mood and it worked! I loved every minute of it! :)

This week is back to the grind. Today I have a 4 mile run and I have already found a route around my work. Last time I had to do 4 miles around here I picked a route that I won't do again. This time I am sticking around the area that I know and know has large shoulders so I feel safe while running. Here is my schedule this week:
  • Monday: Stretching & Strength
  • Tuesday: 4 miles
  • Wednesday: 40 minutes swim
  • Thursday: 3 miles & strength
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 6 miles
  • Sunday: 50 minutes swim
Here goes nothing - definitely can't lie, I am nervous about Saturday! I will just have to go out and do it. Like my boyfriend tells me - You can do it you know you can! :)

No comments: