Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Motivation & Dedication

Yesterday was one of the best runs I have had in a while! I set out at 4:15pm to run 4 miles (0.25 mile warm-up and cool-down so just at 4.5 miles total. I decided to not push myself and just run at a nice comfortable pace that would be quick but something that I could hold the whole time. I stayed around 8:50-9:20 mile pace basically the whole time. Fell below that pace a few times but picked it up and got back on track immediately. I had a smile on my face the whole time and even sang out loud a few times. When I finished I wasn't too tired at all, I just felt really really good!

The best part was I got sooo many cheers and comments while I was running from so many of my friends and family members. It really put a smile on my face and helped me along. I love when I get those and honestly can not tell you how thankful I am of everyone's support for me. I am by no means a runner! It definitely doesn't come easy to me, nor is it natural for me. I have funny hips and my legs always seem to hurt when I am running - typically I can fight through it and it just eventually numbs or dulls out. It's the athlete in me to push though it and not let it bother me. I set a challenge for myself to do something I never have - complete a 15K. Not only complete it but train for it - I have never trained for anything really in running (except the year or so I did cross country in middle school which I think was like 2 miles or something like that). Liek I said running really isn'y my thing but it is something I can do and challenge myself at. Plus it is cheap which is right up my alley. :) haha! The key is picking something that you are interested in and that can keep you motivated and this is working for me.

Small change from what I said yesterday about my training schedule this week. My mom is coming into town today, leaving on Friday morning on her way to Miami. We are her "pit-stop" since she is driving. My sister works tonight so when my mom gets to our house around 4-4:30 no one will be there. With that being said I was suppose to go swim tonight after work for at least 40 minutes. That would mean I wouldn't get home until 6:45 or later. I feel bad leaving her by herself for that long at our house, so I have decided to work out during my lunch hour today doing with the elipitcal or stationary bike for 40 minutes. I also thought about switching my rest day from Friday to today, but after thinking about it and posting a poll online about it, just switching out my cross-training from swimming to something else is definitely a better option! No biggie! The key here is still getting it done regardless. Not letting changes in plans get in the way and using it as an excuse. I like that my head is finally back to wanting to work out. It's nice to have motivation and dedication again!

Found 2 pictures with quotes that I really like and want to share: ENJOY!






   

No comments: