Sunday, January 29, 2012

It was a SUCCESS!!

This weekend was a success! Saturday I completed my 1st ever 5 mile run - I have never run that far in my entire life! My goal was to go under 49 minutes and I successfully completed it in 49 minutes and 25 seconds. No it wasn't under 49 minutes but I was 26 seconds from doing that and you know what, in my book Saturday was a WIN in my book. I did something I have never done, and didn't ever really think I could do honestly. I am NOT a runner, I DON'T like running, it DOESN'T come easily to me but I am working hard and have set a goal and created a challenge and am sticking to it, I AM GOING to complete a 15K!

Saturday I proved something to myself that I haven't done in a long time, I can still race myself, I can still set competitive goals for myself and I can still push myself to do things I didn't think were possible for me! I ran 5 miles in 49 minutes and 25 seconds and I will shout it to the world as I am so proud and happy about my accomplishment! :)

No comments: