Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snacking is my PROBLEM

Last night I got to thinking and realized that one of the reasons I have been eating out a lot is because when I am at home I over eat and snack ALL THE TIME! I am aware of this and so just have been taking myself away from the issue and not dealing with it, which doesn't do me any good. When I get home and make dinner, whether it is directly after work, after I work out, after something I had planned after work, I just snack and snack until dinner is ready. It doesn't matter what it is, pickles, chips & salsa, salad dressing, cheese, really anything at all; if I can eat it I snack on it. I have gotten really bad about it too!

I planned to have the dinner I was going to have Tuesday night, a slice of pizza and a salad. Well here is what I actually ate: as soon as I got home I opened the fridge and brought out the spicy pickle chip jar and the box of pizza and the plate of mini sandwiches I brought home from work Tuesday. I first opened the pickles and ate probably 4 or 5 chips. Next I popped 1 piece of the 2 I had into the toaster oven and opened the sandwiches and took one out. I snacked on some more pickles and then the pizza was ready. I ate the piece of pizza and the mini sandwich by the TV with a glass of wine. I finished the food on my plate and got up and popped a few more pickles. I also did drag the salad bag out with carrots and mini sweet peppers. In stead I grabbed 2 mini peppers and went and sat back down. I finished those and sat for a while. After 8 I decided I wanted the other slice of pizza and heated that up and ate that too. After I finished the slice of pizza I realized what I was doing, threw everything back into the fridge and went back to my room away from the kitchen.

You see at a restaurant I can be "good" I can order better options, have them bring a box right away or right when I get full. I only get what I order, I can't keep going back to the fridge and get more. I am not going to order more in front of people I am just not going to do that. At home I can "order" more all I want by just heading back to the fridge and taking out what looks good. I have got to get that under control! Does anyone have any good ideas on how to kick this one in the butt? It's definitely a habit which means I have to do the opposite for a bit to change it for good, its just that step in the middle that I need help with please.

No comments: