Thursday, February 9, 2012

100% MADE MY DAY

Today's run was by far one of the best runs I have ever had for so many reasons! I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to share it all.
#1 - I felt really really good. I was moving along very quickly and wasn't even phased by it at all!

#2 - I ran my fastest 5K EVER --> 27.23! WOW!

#3 - I ran 3.25 miles in 28.40, that just blows my mind that I ran it that quickly!

#4 - Here is the part that just was amazing and has completely made my day. I was running and just slightly under half way and I noticed this SUV driving slowly next to me. I thought it was a colleague but when I looked over I recognized the guy for a business down the street from mine where he is always eating lunch outside when I run by. I pulled out one of my headphones since he was talking to me and I had my music up loud and he told me that I had inspired him about 2 months ago to get out and start exercising. He has seen me and my friend that I always run with all the time running and that if we could make time for it so could he. He can't run like I do, all fast (I laughed because I don't think of myself as a fast runner), but he gets out there and does it and has lost 13 pounds already! (Damn guys and their ability to lose weight soo quickly - but yay for him!) He thanked me and I just told him to keep on going, he'll get to be a fast runner too with the right motivation. It was a short conversation that I had while I was just running, I didn't stop and the guy even told me not to, he didn't want to interrupt my exercise, so just drove slowly next to me. I do admit it is a bit strange and kinda creepy, but I mean I have been running on this exact same path for a year now so if you are always outside you are going to notice 2 girls running along the roadside all the time. Anyway, this 100% made my day and just fueled me that much more. I really couldn't believe that me and my friend just running along the roadside during our lunch break inspired someone else to get out and exercise, and even more he took the time to thank me! This has completely made my day, hell my week!

Here is my challenge for me and everyone - If you are ever are inspired by someone to really make a change in your life, big or small, whether you know them or not, take the opportunity to thank them if you ever get the chance. It really is a powerful phrase - Thank You and one that is not used enough in my book.

No comments: