Thursday, June 28, 2012

Feel Good About Yourself

There are some things in life that just make you feel good about yourself. Yesterday I had a few of those.

1.) I REALLY didn't want to work out yesterday once 11:30 came around. I finally made myself at noon and I went downstairs to change. I had my spandex shorts with a sports bra and a work out shirt. This particular pair of shorts isn't the most flattering and the sports bra I had was an older one that was rather tight. I put the sports bra on and it wasn't that snug - wow - then I put the shorts on and looked in the mirror - not too bad - not sure if I was just having a "skinny day" or if it's a mental thing when you know you are losing weight you just look skinnier than you really are because you are tricking you mind? I don't know but it definitely made me feel good about myself.

2.) Because of the above I had a great work out. I didn't push myself too much but I hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes and just moved. It wasn't a crazy burn but it was 150 calories gone. Next I grabbed some 2lb weights and a mat and did 10 minutes worth of ab, stability work with some light shoulder stuff. That was the hardest part of the work out let me tell you, but I am trying to tone certain areas (arms, that armpit area that everyone hates, legs, my ass and abs - it's all worth it!) When I finished I was glad that I had done something productive and felt great about it as well.

3.) This one might be a tad too much to share but there is something about seeing yourself in your birthday suit in a mirror and being happy about it. It just makes you feel good. Again I think it might be a voodoo that my mind plays once it knows that it's losing weight to encourage me to continue and not give up, but it's still a good feeling. No I am not where I ultimately want to be, but hell I am happy with me now and that is so important. As my fiance says if I make a comment about a roll here or there - "I don't know what you are talking about - stop it!" It's what I tell myself every day now and I love him for it. It actually works when I catch that glimpse in the mirror and can't help but to smile. I know I am on the right track.

I had 3 smiles yesterday related to the way I feel so it was a successful day I would say. Nothing special and I know I still have work to do but this week thus far has been a bit pf a spiral in terms of emotions so it was nice to be happy yesterday about me. Tomorrow I don't know if I will have time to write - I am taking a ME day! Yes I am going to Charlotte but instead of going to work all day and stressing about getting there afterwards I am going to sleep in a bit, run some errands, have a relaxing, leisurely drive to Charlotte - I'm even going to make a new album of songs on my iPod that I can sing all the way there - just enjoy myself. Then cooking for me is a huge stress reliever, I going to get to his place before he gets home and make a big meal. Put some music on, pop open a bottle of wine and make a yummy meal. To me that is just the best way to unwind, relax! It's going to be a great ME day and then it will end with seeing my fiance which will be the icing and cherry on top. :)

Definitely looking forward to tomorrow so until then enjoy your Thursday!

No comments: