Monday, July 2, 2012

Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down

Last weekend is over and in the books and it went down with thumbs up and thumbs down for many reason.   My "ME" day was turned on it's head and spun around to the point of nauseating. However I made the best of it so I guess I can't complain too much, however thumbs down. Then the weekend was spectacular - absolutely couldn't have asked for a better time so thumbs up. It did end though having to drive through a storm that was unbelievable in Columbia, SC that really put me back on my time. It was what it was but that gets a thumbs down too. Here's the story:

Friday I slept in till about 9:20 or so. Got up took my time getting ready and loading the car up and at about 10:50 I headed out the down to Charlotte. I had a playlist all set to sing and enjoy myself. I was looking forward to the drive which doesn't happen very often. haha I was also looking forward to getting to my fiance's house and turning on some more music, popping open a bottle of wine and cooking a great meal for the 2 of us. Everything sounds perfect and started perfect, I was all relaxed and rested. I made it up I-95 with no problems except traffic was heavy but I was singing along so it didn't phase me too much. I merged onto I-26 to head towards Columbia and my AC started to kinda go in and out on the coldness. I thought it might just be it needed to be charged and considering it was about 105 degrees outside it was having to work hard. Well about 20 miles outside Columbia before hitting I-77, my next interstate the AC completely stopped blowing any sort of cold air. I called my dad and asked what was it that I needed to buy to charge it. He said find a Walmart and he would walk me through it or a Auto store. I had planned on stopping at exit 12 off I-77 as they had $2.78/gallon gas - hello cheap! So I rolled the windows down and sweated my ass off for the next 30 miles. I saw a "Murphy USA" at exit 9 and knew that meant Walmart so I got off early (plus I couldn't handle the heat any longer) and headed towards Walmart. 

I saw an Advance Auto Store right next to Walmart and figured I could pull the "dumb girl" act and get help - which is just what happened. One of the employees came out and helped me. He said it wasn't filling right and the valve it goes into had gone bad and the pressure was all off. He told me to take it down the street to Tire Kingdom - they have a great AC guy. He called and they were able to squeeze me right in. I got there and one thing leads to another and I find out that my AC compressor has finally quit (I have 200,000 miles on my car they just go after a while) and all that needs replacing and the water pump that my dad just replaced 6 months ago died too, it was leaking like crazy. Long story short I get to spend a boat load of money and my car is sick and I can't drive it and my fiance now has to drive down and get me! Poor thing, but he was a good sport and came down. I just got to hang out in the lobby of the Tire Kingdom for a while and wait. NOT the way I planned on spending my "ME" day but I did enjoy the quiet time I got. We ate at a local place in town and then headed to Charlotte. Instead I made my meal for us and our 2 friends on Saturday with some help that was great. In fact we had a great night Saturday and all of it went away. 

The moral of the story is that I didn't let it bother me too much things got flipped upside down, but I also didn't eat the best because of it the whole weekend. Oh well - there are wins and losses because of it and I will take them all with stride and move forward. The good news and silver lining was that I decided to take the "ME" day and didn't drive up after work and all that happen in the evening when things were closed and I would have been stranded on the side of the road. Like I said, it wasn't what I planned but everything turned out for the best. I also now have AC in my car that is like the north pole! lol! 

Well enjoy your odd week - 2 days of work, day off, 2 days of work and then the weekend. Oh and my fiance is coming then too so definitely something to look forward too! :) 

No comments: