Thursday, June 7, 2012

Felt Good

5K accomplished and it was this morning! :) YAY! 

Last night I set my alarm for 5:30 AM - I know right?! The weather said there was a 30-40% chance of rain so I looked at the radar when it went off and ya they were wrong they should have said 100% chance. Anyway I laid back down and thought to myself, I HAVE to run today will I have time at lunch - NO. Okay will I have time after work - NO. Okay then the ONLY time you have Meghan to work out is this morning. You can't run outside nor swim in the ocean so get your ass out of bed and go to the YMCA and get on a treadmill do 2 miles or something and then hop into the pool for like a 500-800 real quick. Wow that was quick to write but it wasn't a quick convo/battle in my head this morning. I probably argued with myself for a good 5 minutes or so. 

I finally go up and put 2 pieces of toast in the toaster, got clothes on and found burnt toast. 2 more pieces and I finished getting my stuff for work and found 2 good pieces of toast, butter a little sugar free jam and out the door I went. I got to the Y and hopped onto a treadmill in front of the window, turned on the news channel I like (when did I get old and choose the news?!) cranked my music on my iPhone strapped to my arm, set the treadmill and closed the panel that showed the time and mileage and got lost in my music while watching the rain. I felt good. I set it at 5.1 and ran a mile, then bumped it to 5.2 till 1.5 miles when I bumped it to 5.4 and kept it there until 2.75 miles (I know right I said I was only going to do 2 miles) when I bumped it to 6.0 at 3 miles I bumped it again to 6.8 and brought it home for a 5K! I felt great I warmed up with a quarter mile before I even started the 5K so I did almost 3.5 miles when I only set out to do 2. Yay me! lol! 

I jumped off the treadmill right when I finished the 5K as my plan was to go jump in the pool and do a 500-800 swim. I had my 2 piece on that I plan to wear in the Tri this weekend so it was an easy transition. Well that was a failed plan because they had the pool closed because of the storm. Okay I know I have bitched about this before so I should have known it would happen but they have a GROUNDED pool! That means it can't be struck by lightning. They say they have lots of windows so want to be safe - Bullshit you have a GROUNDED pool! BOO! So instead I took a longer shower than I had planned and really stretched out my legs. Wasn't the ideal warm-down but it worked. (ask me later today and hopefully I will say the same thing - I'm praying!) 

I didn't swim last night so I was a bit bummed that I didn't get to swim this morning either and tonight I don't think I am going to have time because I am meeting a friend for dinner at 7 and need to run an errand too. We'll see. Maybe Friday morning I'll swim. I would like to swim 1 more time before this weekend. Granted I know the swimming part will be fine since swimming is "natural" for me, it will just be how good I actually feel while doing it. LOL! 

Well here's to a good Thursday and my 4th day - count it 4 times (I think that might be more than the last 2 months combined) that I have written now this month. I have missed writing for myself and taking time for myself, it's nice. :) 

No comments: