Friday, June 8, 2012

Never Quit Never

Well it's the day before my first triathlon. Well it's not a normal one as there is no biking leg; it's a paddling leg instead. You see it is a 5K run on the beach, a 500 meter swim in the ocean and then a 1500 meter paddle laying on a surf board to finish it off. I'm really excited about it. Last year I was going to do the 5K only but just had surgery so wasn't able to compete. I still put up my bib on wall in my cube at work and where I normally write the time, I wrote, for participation next year. I'm excited about this year doing the whole challenge - the Trident as it is called and solo at that. You can do a relay but there was no part of me not going to do the whole thing by myself. The other motivation was to beat my fiance's time from last year and to beat him this year too. That would mean that I would beat him twice in 1 fair swoop! :) LOVE IT! haha If you want to read about this event check out the Never Quit Never website - http://neverquitnever.com/

So run, swim and paddle. Obviously I have to have a swim suit on and I wasn't going to run in a 1 piece, no thank you. So I bought a 2 piece offline a few weeks back. It fits great for swimming, the top that is, but as a sports bra for running there isn't enough support. So I thought I would just throw over a sports bra on top of the swim suit and could rip that off when I am done and be good to go for the swimming part. I am actually only going to run in that, the 2 piece, running shoes and my iPod. I thought about this for a while - was a ready emotionally or mentally to run in so little clothing, especially with my stomach on display? I have to stop and take off my shoes anyway before the swim because I wasn't going to be one of the crazy people running barefoot for a 5K, so what would be a pair of shorts and tank top?

I tossed the 2 ideas back and forth for a while but ultimately decided it would be good for me. Yes I gained 5 pounds back, lost 1 of them already so I'm not at my skinniest of this journey right now but I am very close and I have been in a bikini plenty of times so why not?! I think it will actually be a good mental boast for me to do this. Plus last night when I was talking to a fellow Aggie swimmer and friend who will be doing this too race too and she said the same thing but ultimately decided on the same decision too - swim suit only! We both have been on similar journeys, except she is soo much better about working out than I am! Go girl Go Girl! lol That definitely confirmed my decision and I am scared but excited about baring it all - kinda.

I promise that I will post a picture next week. It will be good for me I think to do that so stay tuned! :)

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: