Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day! Does anyone else feel that this week is crawling by? I am ready for the weekend now! I'm excited about it too, I am going to the Riverside Arts Market (RAM) with some friends and bringing Wrigley (my Golden Retriever) along with me around lunch time - RAM is one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday! Then in the evening I am going to the library to meet their event coordinator (the one at the library that I get to use to coordinate all my vendors) to view a wedding there. I just stand in the background and observe - no eating or drinking, I'm not a guest. This couple is using the space that I would use if it rains on us, so my plan B. I figured it would be a good idea to view for the just in case option for my wedding. Later in August I will view a wedding that is using the exact same space as I am. Then Sunday morning at 9am I am going to the Ronald McDonald house with people from my work to help cook breakfast/brunch. We do that once a month and I haven't been able to do it in a few months (either in Charlotte or fiance is here in Jax) so I'm free this time and definitely going. I always enjoy doing that. Hopefully afterwards I can go to the beach for a little bit too and relax. All in all definitely a weekend I am looking forward to!

Today though I brought my workout bag with me to work. I am going to go do something during my lunch break. I haven't decided what I am going to do - run on the treadmill or hop on the elliptical for a bit, either way something is going to happen. Then tonight I am going with my sister to Pei Wei for dinner. It's a delicious Pan Asian restaurant owned by P.F. Changs that is almost better in my opinion. It's one of those places you order up front, take a number and they bring you your food. Well I got online this morning with their nutrition menu and figured out what would work within my calories. I'm soo proud I have my whole day planned out and under my calorie count without skipping out on anything (under by 70 - so definitely having a chocolate or something to treat myself) and I haven't even accounted for the work out yet! :) I'm getting better slowly but surely.

However even with that said last night I enjoyed a juicy burger with swiss cheese. I have been craving a burger for a while and I don't eat fast food so it had been lingering for a bit. I met a friend at a local brewery restaurant that just tapped their summer wheat beer and they have awesome burgers so I decided to kill the craving. It was a delicious burger, definitely not fast food and killed my craving. For the sides instead of coleslaw and shoe string french fries I opted for steak fries (a bit better than the other fries option) and grilled veggies light on the butter and salt. No it wasn't the best thing I could order on the menu overall, but you know when you have a craving sometimes you just have to kill it or it will haunt you and take over. At least I opted for better sides right?!

Overall it's a slow start back but I'm on my way. Oh I almost forgot yesterday after my post about my new goal a friend emailed me afterwards telling me how proud she was of me but to warn me that wedding dresses run almost 2 sizes smaller than "normal" sizes and didn't want me to get all upset with all the hard work I am putting in. She told me to go try on clothes a day or 2 before the wedding dress shopping day so that I can see I truly am that size. lol! She wanted to make sure I felt like a princess that day and enjoyed myself and didn't let some stupid number ruin my day. I couldn't help but smile - that email completely made my day. She is so sweet and thoughtful to make sure that I was aware of that and looking out for me. You are truly an amazing friend and I love you!

Well Happy Hump Day again and here's to a fast downhill to the weekend!

No comments: