Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Staying Strong for my New Goal!

It's a slow process getting back into the swing of things let me tell you. I have NOTHING to train for which is typically my downfall and I just did a race on Saturday and historically after a race I lay low for a week or 2. Well yesterday I had a bowling charity fundraiser event for Ronald McDonald House with work and left at 2:30 for that so I didn't want to work out at lunch nor afterwards since they fed us for free and full belly is no good for working out.  This morning I work up and thought I should do something at work at lunch. Well my shoes are still wet from this weekend so I decided nope won't do anything at lunch and since I am meeting a friend after lunch for a happy hour that won't work either.

On the way to work I thought about it and was like I could have grabbed my old shoes and done the elliptical or bike or something instead of run and the old shoes would have been just fine. Oh well I just took the excuse of wet shoes and used it as my way out. I really need to stop that and just buckle down and exercise more. I need to go to the YMCA and take the classes, swim, run on the treadmill it doesn't matter - just do something more often!

Also I need to get better with eating again. I am getting better but I need to do even better. I am still eating whatever, especially at dinner which isn't good. I am not stopping when I am full, I just keep going and I know that isn't good. I know I can't snap my fingers and I will change and do a 180, but I do need to curve the direction that way faster than I am doing currently.

Getting back into the swing of things is never easy! The trick is not getting discouraged nor giving up. I just need to remind myself of that and keep going. The goal remember Meghan is fitting into the sample size dresses as Brides Against Breast Cancer on July 20th!

Okay I am putting it in writing - My Goal By July 20, 2012 Will Be To Weight UNDER 160lbs! I have been striving for that goal for MONTHS now - I can do it, why not now?! 


No comments: