Thursday, June 14, 2012

1 Year - GO ME!

Nothing really to say today except that I am proud of myself for 2 reasons yesterday!

1.) I went downstairs at my lunch break which in itself I am proud of myself for because I did NOT want to be active. However, I dragged myself down there and told myself you are going to go 5 minutes warm up, 20 minutes good cardio and then 5 minutes warm-down. Nothing too much but you are going to do that Meghan! Well I got to the bathroom and changed into my workout gear and originally thought I had forgotten socks. There was a small part of me that wanted to say oops oh well guess I can't work out now! BUT I decided NOT to listen to that voice and put my shoes on without socks and decided I would either do the row machine or the elliptical since that would be better than the treadmill without socks. I was soo proud of myself for putting those shoes on anyway and going for it (which by the way smell terrible from being soaking wet last weekend and running on the beach soaked too - so working out without socks wouldn't have helped but whatever). Thankfully right before I walked out of the stall I saw my socks on the floor, they had popped out when I wasn't paying attention and were a tad hidden under my bag. Thank Goodness! So with the socks I hopped on the treadmill and ran my 20 minutes straight! Yay me!

2.) I went to Pei Wei last night like I said I was going to - DELICIOUS! Wow I have missed that place. I had to wait a bit on my sister so I was staring at the menu big time. The Lo Mein was always my favorite and I really wanted to get it, but I knew that it didn't fit within my calories. I had a little battle in my head because I was thinking if I used all my work out calories it would and it's so yummy so what's the harm?! We got up to the register and I ordered what I had originally planned on getting and had already plugged into MFP. The Thai Dynamite Chicken Velveted (velveted means they use vegetable stock instead and it cuts a little bit down on everything)  is what I ordered with steamed brown rice. OMG it was delicious! I had never had it before and really enjoyed it. I ate all the meal and had some of the brown rice but since we also split the lettuce wraps I  just couldn't finish is all, I was stuffed. I even had 2 fortune cookies and I was right at my calorie count for the day. I was so proud of myself for sticking to my guns. I'm going to have to get the Lo Mein one day, I will just have to plan for it and make it happen! :)

Well those were my 2 non-scale victories for yesterday. Small progress and definitely headed in the right direction!

On a side note wedding planning is coming along GREAT! I don't understand why some people say it is soo stressful and difficult to do?! We have our date, venue, photographer, DJ, caterer and bar service all nailed down with contracts signed. However yesterday was the best part - our wedding stationary is being custom designed by some good friends and the invite was approved yesterday! It is so stinkin cute and I love love love it. They are working on the Save the Date now and I can't wait to get it. This is all so much fun and I love doing all of it. In 6 weeks I go try on dresses and that is going to be awesome. I can't wait for all of it to come together next year and I get to marry the man of my dreams!

Well Happy Thursday and yay for it being 1 day closer to the weekend!

BTW - I just realized that today marks exactly 1 year that I started this blog! Check out my first post ever - Day #1 I know that I have fallin off the horse these past few months and the posts have been few and far between but it's been 1 year and I couldn't be prouder! Here's to getting back on the horse and keeping this going.

No comments: