Monday, June 4, 2012

Hello Again

Hello Again! This isn't so much a hello to those that read this but really a hello to myself. I have been so crazy busy  lately and honestly lazy - gasp I know I'm not a lazy person but when it comes to exercise, eating right and everything related you find my weakness.

For weeks I have been telling myself that I have to get back onto MyFitnessPal (MFP) and start writing again. It made me very happy and gave me a purpose. Well I just haven't done it, and there is really no excuse than me being lazy. This weekend I was at a wedding and the bride looked beautiful! I know if I were to get married today I would look beautiful but I would have a voice in my head saying I wish I was smaller. I don't want that voice in my head on the most perfect day of my life! I decided this weekend that on Monday (today) when I got back I would kick my butt back into gear. Start small and work myself up.

Well I don't know if I technically can start too small as this weekend I am doing my first ever triathlon kinda; it's a 5K run on the beach, 500 meter swim in the ocean and a 1500 meter paddle on a surf board to finish it off. My fiance is doing it with me and I can't let him beat me! lol!  Today I got on the treadmill at lunch, I finally made myself get down there and just do it. I walked to warm myself up for 5 minutes and then ran for 20 minutes straight. It wasn't that fast, only at 5.0 pace, the last minute I upped it to 5.8 with the last 30 being at 6.0! I then cooled down for 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes total of being on the treadmill. I didn't push myself, just kept it slower and steady and proved to myself I can still do this. Tonight I plan on going to the YMCA and going for a 20-30 minute swim. Again nothing pushing myself, just slow and steady. I plan on swimming everyday this week to get myself ready for this weekend and at least walk everyday too at some point.

After this weekend the #1 "reason" to not workout will be gone - NOT that it really did much for me anyway, but something to train for is gone. I need to focus on me and that ultimately I WANT to do this for me. I am dress shopping on July 20th and my goal is to fit into the sample size dresses and have them zip or tie or whatever all the way! That means probably another 5-8 pounds in 7 weeks - that's a pound a week approximately. It's time to focus on what I am eating again, work out again and just be healthy again.

Starting up is by far one of the hardest things to do when exercising. Therefore if I am not posting, if I am not logging on MFP, if I am not being healthy YELL AT ME PLEASE! Sometimes I just need a swift kick in the ass. :)

Hello Again Meghan!

No comments: