Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why Hello Legs

Okay Day #2 of running again. It's amazing to me that this weekend will mark 3 months ago I ran a 15K and how FAR from that I am now! Well I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much, I mean how many years did I crawl back into the pool at the end of August after being off for a few weeks from swimming and had lost so much. I could still do it, just couldn't go as far as easily - same thing is happening with running. I can still go out there and run but not as well as I could when I was regularly training.

This morning I set my alarm for 6 am - yes I know me I woke up early to work out can you believe it?! I dragged myself out of bed, put my running shoes on and managed to get out the door. However note to self - you CANNOT wake up and be out the door in 5 minutes at that time in the morning, you are too slow! lol! Anyway I got out and immediately felt my legs. They were talking back to me after our run yesterday. I managed to get to Publix and back like I had said I would. This morning wasn't about time or distance, it was about getting out on the road again and running.

I must comment though on holy cow it was humid this morning. I was so happy I remembered at that time in the morning to take my inhaler because that could have been a lot worse!

I finished and made it home and jumped into the shower. I stood there for a few minutes with the water running over me and knew that heels would not be an option today. I could feel my legs getting tighter and decided stretching was in store for me afterwards. The funny part was the Wrigley didn't want me to stretch, he kept getting in the way trying to get me to play with him or lay down with me - the little bugger, haha! I thought they might be doing better than they were since I also swam yesterday afternoon - a whopping 800 swim and 400 kick. Just something easy to get in and loosen up since it's been months since I was in the water. Nope leg's were definitely telling me hello regardless.

This morning sitting here at my desk I thought back on yesterday and realized I worked out more yesterday than I think I did all of May! LOL! I got in a 30 minute workout at lunch and a 25 minute dip into the pool after work. I was proud of myself for that and the icing on the cake for me was MFP yesterday. I was standing in the Chipotle line after my swim and was starving. (It's amazing how hungry swimming makes you, even just a little dip!) I looked at the board and thought, oh wow guacamole and chips sound amazing I am going to get that with my carnitas bowl; especially because the family sitting next to where I was sitting was enjoying it and oh wow yummo! While still waiting to order I plugged the meal into MFP - HOLY H*LL 700+ calories for the guac and chips?! Nope not for me and I didn't order it. Instead I ran by Pollo Tropical next door and got their balsamic tomatoes small side for 170ish calories. MUCH BETTER option!

Hopefully today I can continue this - I ran already, I plan on doing the row machine for 10-15 minutes at lunch and stretch for a while and then going for a dip again after work. Maybe I'll do a 1500 today instead of the 1200 yesterday? lol! The little victories!

Just remember Meghan - Wedding Dress Shopping in Tminus 45 days!!!!

No comments: