Friday, July 6, 2012

Motivation...

Yippie it's Friday! I don't know about you but this middle of the week day off was very nice but it screwed me up big time! I am definitely looking forward to 5pm today and my weekend. My fiance is coming down so it will be a great weekend for sure. Especially since Saturday is cake tastings! YUM!

I have had a rough week mentally and therefore on Monday I am starting over. I am washing the slate clean and keeping it in the past and moving forward. Sometimes you just need to do that. I don't think my goal is possible in 2 weeks, so I took my little sign on my desk down. I am going to work at it and whatever I am is what I am and so be it.

However even with that being said I have been thumbing around on a question for a bit. I have been 160ish pounds since October last year. I did bounced up a tad after the holidays and came back down but I haven't been under 160 since God knows when. It is a HUGE goal of mine and I would like to get down to 150lbs, maybe even under just a tad for my wedding in April, 9 months away. I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks from today at the Brides Against Breast Cancer show (that's the date they are here in my town) and I am nervous on what size to buy. I don't really want to buy a dress that fits me right now. I am thinking one size smaller should be a comfortable size to go with. I know they can take dresses in but I also heard they really only can take them in 2 sizes until the dress get compromised and starts to look like a different dress. They can also take it out only 1 size until they have to order more material. So... if I get it 1 size smaller that gives me room to still lose but also the wiggle room to let it out if for whatever reason my body decides this is it, this is as small as you are going to get (which I refuse to believe). Thoughts?

I know what I have to do to lose weight and that is exercise way more than I do now. It's simple really, I am just struggling to get it done. Hopefully I can get some help from different friends and my motivation levels can come up. I looked today and the Gate River Run is Saturday March 9th, definitely going to sign up for that. However I am also thinking about signing up for my first 1/2 marathon. There is a great marathon & 1/2 in February for Breast Cancer I think I will do. The cheapest price ended on June 30th. I have until Halloween to decide to do it before it goes up again. It's not cheap but the money goes towards finding a cure for Breast Cancer so I mean every penny is for a great cause. Basically I have a few months to convince myself I can do that, run 13.1 miles and train for it. I looked up a training program (the same guy I used for my first 15K) and its 12 weeks, so it would start the Monday after Thanksgiving. However, it starts with 3miles and quickly goes up, which means I need to be going before that, basically Halloween. Okay time to think and motivate myself - can I do this?


No comments: