Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Say YES to the Dress!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, especially since last weekend was dress shopping weekend! Being off Friday you can imagine the emails I had to go through when I returned on Monday morning. It took me ALL morning! It probably doesn't help that I also manage a few other email addresses too (generic info emails for our company).


Okay well Friday went great, besides that I had the wrong start time and we got there at 7:15am for what I thought was a 8am start when it really started at 10am! OOPS! haha It all worked out because I Said YES to the Dress and all for an awesome cause!!!

Talk about an AMAZING experience! We get there and meet one of the volunteers who is a personal shopper. She helps you find what you are looking for - she was fabulous and I can't thank her enough! We go through the racks in what we think are my sizes - 10 & 12. NOPE all 3 that I brought back didn't fit at all. Oh well. We go back out and look at sizes 14 and up. We find 3 more and take them back. On the way back I spot a dress hanging on the "Not For Me Dress" rack. I look at and know it's the one. I try on 1 of the 3 I bring back. We like it but it's not the one. I then try on the last minute grab that some other girl ended up not liking. OMG it was amazing! My sister started crying and was taking pictures all along standing in front of the mirror and I couldn't even see what I looked like in the dress!!! lol!

I finally see it and love it! It had everything I wanted but wasn't what I expected I will be honest. It was the 5th dress I tried on and the 2nd that actually fit. I Said Yes to the Dress!

The best part was trying on the dresses. I was a little flustered at first when all 3 didn't fit. But I just told myself it wasn't a big deal and those dresses weren't meant to be. I got the 1st one on that fit and I felt beautiful! It wasn't my dress but it was a gorgeous dress. Once I got my dress on I couldn't stop smiling. I didn't cry but wow I was happy. The volunteers in the back dressing room area all kept coming up to me and telling me how beautiful I looked and that dress just looked amazing on me. They even said it was so me and they didn't even know me so that said something too.

I think the biggest factor of the day for me was seeing my mom's face when she saw me in the dress for the first time. She just had this big smile and proud look across her face. It made me feel special and even though I was a tad unsure as I am one of those people that needs to see everything before I decide on something, she gave me the comfort and strength to believe in what I originally had seen and knew - this was my dress and I looked beautiful in it! Thanks mom - I love you!

On Sunday I had it hanging on my bedroom door and just stared at it and smiled all day! I can picture myself marrying John in it and I couldn't be happier! I am though as my mom calls it, going to "Meghanize" the dress a bit and make it my own unique dress! You'll just have to wait till April 13th to see! :)

By the way - Happy Birthday to me!! :)

No comments: