Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's August?!

If you want a quick way to feel old - and not so much age but the way your body feels, paint a ceiling! OMG this morning I woke up and I felt like an old woman. The middle of my back is so tight, oh wow it's going to be interesting. I am hoping I can stretch it out today just  through normal movement. I'm even thinking that at lunch I might go down to the work out room and stretch it out over one of those work out balls. We'll see how it goes.

I know I have been MIA for the past 2 weeks. It's been so crazy busy lately with work and everything that goes with moving that I have just been swamped. That's at least what I tell myself since I am crazy busy. Have I mentioned I am moving yet in any of my blogs? Well I am as our lease is up on August 19th - which by the way it's August already?! Well my fiance is still in Charlotte and we aren't sure when he will be able to make it back to Jacksonville so I am moving into his old room at the 2nd house his parents own in Atlantic Beach just outside Jacksonville at the beaches. It's the best situation for us right now so I don't get locked into a lease and when he finally can find a job here and comes we can look for our place and move in together.

The busy part is that I am a clean freak and like things neat so there is a lot of work to do on this room to get it where I like it. That includes painting the room. I know right a lot of effort for 6-9 months of living but it's just something I want and need to do for different reasons. Part of it is that I keep calling it my fiance's old room - giving it a new look and face I think might help me settle in and be comfortable with this move. I also have been cleaning little things here and there and by the time I move in August 11th officially I am sure it will be my room. :)

I just can't believe it's August already! This year has flown by without even blinking an eye. I got engaged 5 months ago and we now have 8 1/2 months till our wedding. Next month will be 1 year that my fiance moved to Charlotte which is just mind boggling. This month also marks me being in Jacksonville 2 years! WOW! Next month will be 2 years at my job which is also a huge shock. I haven't ever been at a job that long so that is exciting.

This month will also mark me getting back onto the horse. I said it would and I meant it. I will start slow as I don't want to scare myself too much by overwhelming myself. I have to leave at 4:30 today so I won't get a work out in at lunch but I will be painting the walls today and if my body feels like it does now after yesterday than I know I have another intense workout later today. I don't suggest this workout plan but hey it will work for now.

A quick update - a few weeks ago I said I wouldn't weight myself for a while. I have been true to that except once and I didn't like the number very much. It said 167.... oh well. I am going to stick with the no scale through August and see how my month back at it goes and start back with that number for the fall. :)

Here's to August!

No comments: