Thursday, August 2, 2012

Painting

OMG I am soo tired this morning! I was up painting until midnight last night and I have a 25 minute drive home afterwards! I think I have mentioned this is the 1st time I have ever painted a room before so I am learning as I go. I mean it's simple enough - you know you have to trim and paint the color on. I have watched my parents paint countless walls, but I have never actually tried it myself.

I have learned a few tricks as I go on how I should do this instead of that not only because it's faster but also because it's more efficient. I also learned 1/2 way through the room that I should saturate the walls with paint and not be as stingy. I had to cover 2 of the 4 walls a 2nd time. I didn't go on heavy enough and those walls just sucked in that paint like it was water!

I finished last night at midnight with clean up and some prep for the next round. The ceiling is white, the walls are a very light gray called hailstorm gray and next is painting the baseboards and doors white too.I'm excited for it all to be done but oh wow am I tired! Not only have a been up way later than I am use to the last 2 nights but I have worked my little tail off too. Painting isn't easy. I have an uncle that owns a painting company and I know has gotten right in there and painted countless houses; I don't know how he does that! It's hard hard work!

I am thinking that tonight I might take a break. Go home, heat up some leftovers and pass out at like 8pm! LOL! I'm serious I am dead. Plus I am thinking the baseboards are going to take me a while bc I am going to have to be super careful with the type of carpet that is in there, so if I am up late on Friday night then I can just sleep in on Saturday and it will all be okay! I'll still finish in my goal to get it done this week so I can pack this weekend and next week I can start bringing things over slowly.

Moving is difficult and I have definitely made it interesting adding in painting but I think it's worth it - I am really liking the changes!

No comments: