Friday, August 17, 2012

Got on the Scale...

Happy Happy Friday Everyone! I don't know about you but I am so thankful it's Friday and the weekend is just hours away. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing and spending time with my sister. It's weird not living with her! Last night I was at her place helping her with some things and then I had to leave to go home - WEIRDNESS! I have lived with her for the last 2 years so it will definitely be something we will both have to get use to. Her nursing program starts back up next week so she will get really busy again, so we decided to spend some time together this weekend. She's coming over on Saturday and the plan is to go to the beach but with all the rain we have been getting, I'm not sure that Mother Nature will allow us to do that. Either way we'll spending the day together. Then she'll sleep over and hang out a bit on Sunday. I am really looking forward to this weekend!

So I did something I said I wouldn't do this morning - I got onto the scale. I know I know but I was curious. I got onto it a few weeks back and it was quite high. Granted it was the end of the day and I also weigh in the morning, but still it upset me. I got on this morning and it said 164.8lbs. Not that far off! I was actually really happy with that. I haven't worked out in soooo long with the exception of painting, packing, moving and unpacking. Anyone that says that isn't a workout is welcome to move me next time! haha! But honestly that makes starting back not so daunting. I said I would start slow back and I am. I'm back to my usual breakfasts of boiled eggs (1 with yoke and 1 without), cottage cheese and fruit. I am trying better to chose the better options and I've been working out in unique ways. I brought my workout bag to work but it's been nuts this week so hopefully next week I can maybe do 2 or 3 days and get back into it.

By the way - I got everything hung on the walls so pictures will be taken this weekend! Look for them next week.

Also BIG shout out to one of my besties for becoming a mom on Tuesday to a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations to her and her husband, I know they are going to make AMAZING parents. That is definitely one lucky little boy :) Love you!

No comments: