Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Moved

I am all moved into my new place! There are still a few things I need to put away and then I need to put some of my fiance's stuff upstairs in a storage area, but we are getting there. (As I was typing that I realized that what I just said is a bit mean so I must state that this is some is some of his childhood stuff and things he left behind in his old room that I just moved into. To make room since there isn't too much room we moved it out and put it elsewhere in the house.)

To my surprise everything fit furniture wise in my room better than we had anticipated. YAY! That was a sigh of relief and to even top it off I like the set-up of my room better now than my previous room! It's smaller yes but it just looks great. Part of it also might be the paint color on the wall which I really love! It's Valspar Ultra paint from Lowes in Hailstorm Gray - not sure if the computer monitor does it justice as it's just okay in the color swatch - but on my walls with the white white doors, frames and baseboards it really pops and is very calming! I wasn't sure about it when I got it on the walls, but once I got the white all done I knew I had picked the right one! It's amazing how fresh paint and some elbow grease will really make a room just look amazing! Definitely the cheapest way to give a room a make-over in my book. I promise I will post pictures once I finish hanging the last few things on the walls later this week. :) 

As for other things in my life right now - work is busy, I haven't done squat in exercise except moving (which I must say is hard and I am sore from), and eating - well I could definitely be better but I am doing better than I have been lately that is for sure. Tonight I am going to transfer a lot of my food from my old place to my new place. I have decided that if it is not good for you than it's not going with me. No reason to car that crap around right?! 

By the way I am EXHAUSTED! 2 1/2 weeks of going non-stop! Between cleaning, painting, cleaning some more, packing, moving, unpacking, continuing to clean and unpack i'm soo tired! I was out by 9:45 last night but didn't sleep to great. I let Wrigley sleep with me since he is still not 100% sure what is going on. Well he tossed and turned all night last night so therefore so did I. Tonight he might just have to learn what the floor feels like in my room. I need a good night's sleep! Definitely going to be another night with a glass of red wine and early to bed! 


No comments: