Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Slowly calling it home

It's Tuesday, which means we are 1 day closer to the weekend! I could have used 1 more day last weekend so I am definitely looking forward to this coming weekend.

I am all moved in (with the except of 3 tiny little bags I need to go through of random crap) and starting to feel a little bit comfortable in my new place. When I am in my room I am fine but I do feel a tad bit like a stranger in the rest of the house. I don't want to get in the way or bother you know. I am sure that will subside with a bit more time. Also it's weird not knowing the house yet. You know how when you've been somewhere for a while how you know exactly how far to go and turn when it's pitch black?! You don't need to turn on a light to find your way around - ya I need a light and that is weird too. I'll get there though I am sure.

The "kids" - Maddie and Wrigley - are starting to settle in. They don't seem as weirded out and nervous. Maddie is back to hopping up on her own and sleeping on my bed. I had to pick her up and take her to my bed when we first moved. She wasn't sure on it being our room. Wrigley's bed doesn't really fit in my new room, so it's out in the den; therefore he is sleeping on the floor. He is getting use to it but I can hear him go from one side of my bed to the other. He will find the place he likes soon enough I am sure. He also has it figured out that one of the 2 ways out of the kitchen to our room is quicker than the other. It's funny because I might go the longer way but he still goes the shorter and just waits for me. I like that though because he is learning the house.

Hopefully things will slow down here soon and I can just come home after work. I have had soo much going on last week and so far this week, that by the time I get home it's already really dark and on top of that it's raining so Wrigley and I haven't been able to go for a walk. Hopefully soon. I am looking forward to walking on the beach after work with Wrigley.

Also there is a new LA Fitness being built right by my new place. It suppose to have a pool I hear. There is a little place next to it open that is just for signing up. My goal is this week to stop by after work and check it out. Find out what the fees are and what it is going to offer. It will be good for me to have a place again. The pool though is the key for me. I'll let you know more later.

I know I promised pictures of my room - I have laundry draped over my chair though right now that I keep telling myself I will hang. So tonight I promise I will hang it and take pictures. Stay tuned!

No comments: