Monday, September 17, 2012

TODAY I am getting back at it!

It's the middle of September and my slow start back to working out has been on a VERY slow path. It basically doesn't exist. lol! Last week during 2 different times I said a phrase that I had never admitted to but finally did - I am sacred of the gym! Really it's more I am intimated by it because I don't know what to do, how to work out and how to maximize my time in there; therefore the reason I am sacred of it.

The last time I really did anything active was the trident challenge race back on June 9th. The last time I was routinely working out it was early March. Ya I know a LONG time ago! My excuse once the summer months hit is that I don't sweat and I over heat if I try to work out outside. You see lately I have been running and I prefer outside and in the heat I just pass out. Really I don't sweat much. If you know me you know that's true. The hard part is that I "conveniently forget" about a gym and that I can work out inside in the land of AC.

As you might have seen on my last post, back on August 29th, that I signed up for a 1/2 marathon on February 17th. I have a training schedule and that starts on November 26th and that is all in my calendar. However what I am struggling with now is getting back at it so I am ready for that training schedule. My sister suggested signing up for a 5K the weekend before the 26th or even the weekend before that so I will start going now. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

With all that said we are now less that 7 months till our wedding - on Thursday last week was 7months. We decided this weekend to try to lose the weight we have been wanting to by our wedding date. I have 12-15lbs from my starting point now - 166.4 according to this morning. He has 39 pounds to go from him starting weight this weekend. He's a guy though so the larger number is definitely doable. We signed him up for MyFitnessPal.com this past weekend. He's not too sure about it but I am hoping it will help him realize what he's eating like it did for me. It kinda opens your eyes to what's in prepared foods, how eating healthier can actually make you fuller for longer, etc.

The biggest thing is that he is willing to do this with me! That made me so happy since I know this is going to be something new for him, logging food and exercise, and it's not something he is extremely thrilled about. I love him so much for that! I just really need the help right now and someone to hold me accountable and who is in the same place as me. I hope he gets into it too and its a successful journey for the both of us till our wedding. We're calling it getting sexy for each other for our wedding/ honeymoon! lol! Hey whatever works right?!

Well the gym bag made it to work again today. The issue lately is that it never gets used. Today I am going down at my lunch break and doing something for 30-40 minutes, I'm using my workout bag today! I don't care if it's just walking on the treadmill - it's happening! I HAVE to get back into this now. Plus I can't let my fiance show me up right?!

No comments: