Friday, October 5, 2012

Beer Overload

Good Morning everyone! It's Friday, it's pay day and I am taking a 1/2 day to spend a bit more time with my love who is in town - I couldn't be any happier!!!

I am looking forward to this weekend for many, many reasons. 1st we just have a few things planned but mostly it's because I get to spend it with him. Always the best weekends. But for my own reason, I am looking forward to Saturday because after then I can cut way way back on my beer drinking!

I know that's a funny comment because it should be a choice right?! NOPE! You see our favorite bar - Engine 15 - is having their Oktoberfest this Saturday. A while back they posted in their email newsletter if you would like to nominate a guy for Oktoberfest King to let them know. Well I nominated John. You see back in May for May Day Engine had a MayFest and crowned a Mayfest Queen. John said he would nominate me except that the only way to vote is to buy a beer and being that he lives out of town it would b impossible to vote for me. Well I figured I lived in town I should definitely nominate him. They emailed him and he confirmed and had to answer some questions.

Well 5 guys got nominated and their pictures are up at the bar. Here is John's:

He figured it would be a popularity contest and found an older picture where he let his hair grow out in college. LOL gotta love the fro. :) Well I've been up at Engine almost every single day for the last 2 weeks drinking beer and voting for him. I also have been lobbying votes for him too. Going up to strangers as they check out and asking them to vote for him. What can I say I am not a shy person and I love my man!

I hope he wins but mostly I am ready to stop drinking so much beer! haha! I've been on "beer overload" and stopping will be nice and I'm sure my waistline will appreciate it too. I think I have drank more beer in the past 2 weeks than probably the last few months combined. What can I say I am a wine girl! :)  But tonight is the last night to vote so you will see me up there once more with a beer, 2 or 3 in hand, but I do it out of love!

Next week - NO ALCOHOL! haha!

No comments: