Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 

Can you believe there are only 61 days left in 2012 after today?! Times flies let me tell you. That means only 163 days left till our wedding which is also hard to believe. It will be here before we know it.

Well today is Halloween and that is what I am focusing on now. Today is every kids favorite holiday probably next to Christmas because today is basically national candy day.. lol! I don't know about you but it has been hard to walk by all  the candy everywhere, at every store. I have been good though and I am really proud of myself. NO candy bought except my bag to candy to hand out to kids. I even resisted the pumpkins (like the candy corn but ever better!) this year which is amazing - they are my favorite!

About a week and half ago I went to Sam's Club and bought my giant bag of candy to give out today. I originally picked up the bag with Kit Kats, Reese Cups, Hersey Bars, Almond Joys - I HAD to put it down. I couldn't buy a bag of candy to give out of all my favorites, I would end up eating half of it. Next I picked up the Wonka Assorted Bag - again had to put that down because there were lots of yummy treats in that too. Finally the last bag was tootsie rolls, Dots, and other random candy - this was my bag! This was the candy that I can take or leave, I might have a piece or 2 but that would be it. No it's probably not kids favorite candies as they aren't mine, but you know what it's free candy for them so I'm going with the candy that isn't going to add pounds to my waste. :)

I'm such an old person when it comes to Halloween. I would rather sit at home all by myself  and hand out candy all night long than get dressed up and go out. I love seeing all the little kids in their costumes. My favorite out of all the years that I have been doing this was a few years back when Walle came out and this little boy's parents made him a homemade Walle Costume and all he kept saying was "I'm Walle! I'm Walle!" So this year I am actually going to sit out at the end of my drive way with a fire pit since it's chilly and my 2 pumpkins I craved all bundled up handing out candy. You see my driveway is long, our house sits back far and it's really dark so I figure I will get to see my kids and hand out more candy by sitting at the end of the driveway and hand out candy. I'll be looking for the next Walle this year! :)

The real test will be tomorrow though when all the left over candy shows up at work - I think I might start a diet tomorrow just to MAKE myself NOT eat it! lol!

Hope you have an awesome Halloween! 
(The one on the left will be puking it's insides tonight!)

No comments: