Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Caught Up

It's hump day and the day after elections. Regardless of the outcome I am happy the commercials and campaigning are done!!! Hopefully no more negative ads back to back and all the time. It's hard to stay positive when you see so much negative.


Anyway, I have been quiet not because things slipped or have been bad but because things have been crazy, busy and just down right scary.

Sunday late after noon Wrigley my Golden Retriever decided to get into some Ant Killer. The part that scared me was that I didn't really realize it until my sister and I came home from a 2.5 mile run around 5:30 and noticed his entire side of his head, neck and chest were soaked. He had laid in a puddle of drool and soaked himself. We called the poison control and found out that Ant Killer (that active ingredient is Deltamethrin) is considered a low-toxin, which means it won't kill you or do any damage but it will make you very sick and it just has to pass through your body. There isn't an antidote so basically your body just has to process it and get rid it unfortunately and they say to keep hydrated to speed up the process. They will pump your stomach if you ingest too much so it is less for your body to process but that's about it. So poison control told me to give him a bath to make sure there wasn't any additional residue on his fur so he wouldn't accidentally lick it and start the process over and to call the ER vet. So I did both and the ER vet said the same thing and told me I had to keep him hydrated or to bring him in in the morning for an IV bag. He told me a turkey baster would work well - lol. We nursed poor Wrigley back to health, I stayed home from work and worked from home on Monday and I am happy to report he is back to his goofy, fun loving self again!

Monday I worked from home but was very busy with work and taking care of Wrigley that I didn't have time for a blog. Yesterday I was out in the warehouse packing all day for a trade show and was only at my computer for about 20 minutes in the morning checking my emails. Like I said busy as heck!

I have been pretty good with food lately. Making good choices and eating healthy. Okay my sister made homemade fudge and brought me a bit on Sunday and it was gone last night but come on, homemade fudge!!! lol! I've been making this awesome salad for dinner lately that I have been enjoying and grilling a lot which typically means I am eating healthy. I have been running even though I have "skipped" the day I am suppose to. On Saturday I was suppose to run 2.5 but I was having a lazy day and didn't but I did it on Sunday. Then yesterday I was suppose to run 2.5 again, but being on my feet all day and I was dead tired (not sleeping Sunday night was catching up to me) I decided to skip running yesterday and run at lunch today instead. Hey I am still saying on track and getting it in so I can't complain too much. I do though need to get back to doing my exercises again. I haven't been to good about it in the last week and a half.

Well now you are all caught up and today I am determined to make a good day! Smiles on and actually looking forward to my run! :)

No comments: