Thursday, November 8, 2012

Discovered Something Again

One more day and I get to see my fiance! I hate that I don't get to see him every day, but hopefully that will change soon in our future. We have just over 5 months till our wedding and I pray that before that happens we are living together! It's funny how the week that I get to see him always feels like it goes by so slow. I wish it was the other way around.

I have a few friends that don't live with their spouse or boyfriend too and what I have discovered is 2 things:

1.) Each couple that works loves each other with no limits and no boundaries. They trust each other to the fullest and can't image their lives without the other person so they make it work regardless!

2.) They keep busy and cling onto small joys in their lives, enjoying those moments and using those moments to take their mind off that they miss their love deeply.

The 1st one is my and my fiance completely. I mean you don't ask someone to marry you when you are living in 2 different cities if you don't love them and know that it's going to work. lol

The 2nd one, well I am trying to make that running again. The beginning of this year when I was training for my 15K, running was doing that for me. It was an escape, a way to forget that I lived apart from my love and just enjoy myself. It was something I was finding joy in and a new challenge that I had embraced and looked forward to.

I realized that yesterday again on my run. I finished and was very happy and for a few minutes all I could think about was my run; how good it felt, how happy I was that my legs were coming back quickly, how I could challenge myself again. I had a smile on my face all day because of it.

I remembered what it was like to soak in the pleasure from an accomplishment, from the joy of something in my life certainly that I had complete control over. This is what I have decided to focus on with my running. Not that it will help me accomplish - Operation Sexy & Healthy Bride, because ultimately it will. But focus on the joy, on the moments when I am running and the wind is blowing through my hair, the sun is shine down on me and I am just free running.

A change in attitude might just do the trick, it might just get me excited about running again and not have to be faking it anymore!


No comments: