Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!

Good Morning! It's Thanksgiving Eve and I am excited. It will be a bit different for me this year since I am spending it with John's family - however it's just his dad, sister and 1 brother. He won't be there as he has to work on Friday; the markets are open. His mom also won't be there since she is in Wisconsin with her 94 year old dad who isn't doing to great. (thoughts and prayers please!) I've never spent Thanksgiving with someone else before. I've been to families' houses but my family was there too. Granted they are family to me too now but it will definitely be a tad bit different. I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow morning at 7am I am running a 6K. It was suppose to be me, John's dad and brother doing the 6K and John's mom ans sister doing the 1/2 marathon. Well it looks like it might just be me doing the 6K by myself. However a good friend of mine whose family lives here in Jacksonville is coming home for the holiday and running it so maybe I'll meet up with her. :) I am looking forward to a race. I have another one on December 16th where I am going to a personal best and to go under 29 minutes to make the next bracket up on the qualifying heats at the Gate River Run in March. I already have the last heat, but I think it would be cool to move up. My sister has the heat above the one I'm going for where you have to be under 27 minutes. I don't think that's possible for me, but at the same time I never shut a door on goals. :)

After the run I'm headed over to a bar in Neptune Beach called Pete's Bar (it's been open since 1933 and the 1st bar in Duval county to receive a liquor license after Prohibition) . I don't normally go there because it's one of those places you can smoke and you walk out smelling like an ash tray. However on Thanksgiving they have a permit to close the street by them and bring the party outside. It's just a huge "block party" and I figure why not go enjoy something that is tradition in the area and something people fly into town for!

For now though just a few more hours at work and then it's turkey time! Also I won't be back to my cube for 2.5 weeks! Gone for 2 weeks with work but hopefully it won't be too bad. Here's to hoping.

Enjoy your Turkey Day Everyone!


No comments: