Monday, November 19, 2012

"Scary" Time of the Year

Okay whose nervous about the holidays?! Always a "scary" time of the year for those watching the number on the scale. This year it's going to be a rough one with travel:

11/22 --> Thanksgiving
11/25 - 12/8 --> Traveling for work (that's 13 days of eating out, 13 days of eating foods that I can't get back home - Seattle and New Orleans)
12/24 --> Nochebuena (Spanish celebrate Christmas Eve with a big celebration and yummy, oh so yummy foods!)
12/25 --> Christmas

My saving grace I think is going to be my 1/2 Marathon training. It starts Nov 26 (well really 11/27 as Mondays are rest days). I've been getting ready for it too so that is helping as well. I'm even running at 6K on Thanksgiving Day to help "allow me to eat lots of yummy food!". lol!

I've had a few friends that think I am crazy for doing this while planning a wedding but to be honest this is what I need to keep me focused and working out. Without something like this I would be struggling even more than I am right now. I did however run a 3.3 miler yesterday and it felt great. YAY! :)

Well here's to a short week and it going well!

BTW - Over the next 3 weeks (this week included) my posts will be random with the Holiday and being out of town for work. I will do my best to post a frequently as I can. Also for the last week of the month I'll be in Seattle so I will be way behind time wise so the time they will be posted will be off a bit. Bare with me and I will do my best to keep everyone in the loop! :)

No comments: