Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back Home

Talk about a LONG last 2 weeks! I am finally home and the "normal" routine starts back today. I had yesterday off so today is my Monday. I'm not looking forward to the 174 new emails in my box an that doesn't count the ones that I've scanned through while being gone and need to go back and answer or categorize. It will be a long day there is no doubt.

One thing I will make time for is my run - 3 miles today. Today marks week 3 of training. On Sunday I ran 5 miles, I was so proud of myself. I was suppose to run it on Saturday but with traveling all day I decided to skip it and make-it-up on Sunday. I'm glad I did too because I felt so much better afterwards. I averaged 9.44/mile. WHOOP! Getting on down there. I have a 5K this Sunday where I am hoping to go under 29 minutes so I can be seated higher than I already am for the Gate River Run in March.  That's 9 minute miles - I think that is doable if I push myself just a little bit. All I can do is try!

Also today is back to really being on my diet. I was pretty good but at the same time completely bad while I was gone for the last 2 weeks. I was scared to get onto the scale this morning so I didn't. However, I hope I am about the same as that was the goal. With running I was hoping to do enough so that I didn't gain any weight. The only problem with that is that I don't exactly know what I was before I left, just a good guess.

I know I am like many right now during the holidays - just holding on and trying to not gain. It's such a hard time with yummy holiday foods, travel and breaks in your normal routine. I think all we can do is try to stick to the plan and not get mad at ourselves if we hit a few bumps. It's bound to happen during this time so please don't make it worse by getting down on yourself. OK I might have been talking to myself right there but I think it's also valid for a few of you out there too! ;)

Well here is to a new day and one I hope isn't too crazy.

No comments: