Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Need to Work Fast!

It's a wet, rainy Wednesday and I am wishin with everything I am that I was still in bed sleeping! I haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't know if it's because I am back home and my body is trying so hard to relax but my mind is racing with all the things I have to do or what but I am having a hard time falling asleep and then sleeping well once I am asleep. Tonight I am going to be early and taking 2 sleeping pills - I just don't care I have got to get sleep so I don't get sick. With as much as I was just gone and this nasty sickness going around I need to really take care of myself.

Yesterday I ran during my lunch break and it was the worst run I have had almost ever! My legs almost immediately started cramping up. I'm not sure if it was because it was so damn hot and humid outside, if I was dehydrated or if I was just tired and still had lactic acid in my legs from my 5 miler on Sunday. I think it might have been a combo of all of the above honestly. I stopped and stretched my calves around 1.5 miles and then shy of 2 I had to walk and the rest of the last mile was on and off running but I would say mostly walking. I just couldn't do it. It actually hurt to run. My right quad and hip and my left calf were all on fire and it really didn't feel pleasant, so I decided to listen to my body and walk.

Today my legs are still tight and heavy and I am sooo very tired. I am deciding to listen to my body, something I need to get better at taking steps here. My lunch workout will be 10-15 moderate minutes on the bike to loosen up my legs and then 10-15 of stretching to see if I can knock out some of this crap built up that I am feeling. I am suppose to run 4 today and 3 on Thursday, but i'm just going to push it back a day. It isn't going to kill me. :)

As for the scale, I decided to just get on it and see what it said this morning - 167.8lbs. I got some work to do and FAST! Back to trying to be as strict as possible with the food I put into my mouth. I guess no more eating a rather large wedge of Smoked Gouda cheese like I did last night - oops! Soo freakin good though :)

Here's to a hump day and hoping the slope on the way down is nicer than the way up this week!

No comments: