Thursday, July 14, 2011

Changes

This morning on the way to work I was talking to my dad and we were talking about all the things that I have been through in the last year, year and half and I got to thinking about how far I have come since 2009. They say that stress and lots of it can be bad for you and depending on the person can definitely add weight both consciously and unconsciously. Gosh I know for me it was both. I also really wasn't too worried about what I was eating and that definitely makes a HUGE difference as I have learned lately.



One of my favorite shows is The Biggest Loser and they always talk about breaking down the person, finding out what the true issue(s) are and what the demon inside of them is because it is never just an eating/weight issue, that is just a side effect. I just wasn't happy for a long time and my life had been turned upside down in so many ways since 2009 that I became lost and eating became my side effect.


Now looking back and thinking about everything, moving to Jacksonville was the best thing I could have ever done! It was a very scary decision but where I am today verse where I was even 2 years ago is Night & Day! I live with my sister, which for some people I know would be scary, but for me it is fabulous! We both needed someone we knew could be strong for us, who wasn't afraid to tell us how it really is, and could be there for us when we needed a shoulder. I found a great job that I enjoy and am good at; one where I can grow and am learning soo much so fast! I found a great guy who is perfect for me in so many ways and encourages me and supports me in every aspect of my life. I have made some great friends here already both at work and outside of work (you know who you are and thank you!!!) I am getting back on my feet again financially, emotionally, and health wise. I think for me being happy and finding a path again has made it easier for me to take this journey to making myself healthy again, which is what I really want.


I still have lots of work to do, as it is no where over but it definitely has started off right and that is what I am thankful for. I got on the scale again this morning (I am learning to not be scared of the scale which is comforting) and I was down again! YAY 172.8! :) Obviously I am doing something right. I read my blog I wrote on June 22 - "Behind the Issue(s)" (Click Here to read it if you missed it) when I got into work this morning. I talked about not knowing how to eat like a "normal" person and thinking that 1200 was soo little! I know I have already said it once, but it does deserve a repeat - Yes you were right and I was wrong about tracking my food! (you know who you are) I have learned SOOO MUCH in the last 2 weeks by just tracking my food. It is so much different than tracking Points with Weightwatchers and I definitely like it better. I am eating 1200 or less basically every day and having no problem. I am full and satisfied and not hungry. There are days that I am suppose to eat more but can't because I am not hungry. It is amazing by eating better how many calories you can save and be full at the same time. There is also so much on the web that can help you figure this stuff out. The key I have found is finding what works for you. This blog is definitely one of those things for me. It is my therapy every day and I look forward to it. Thank you to all that read it, it truly means a lot as this is for me and to share it is special!



Have a Great Day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! I am so blessed to have a sister who dropped everything to move to Jacksonville to live with me. I thank god everyday that everything worked out here for you. You are so a stronger person than me and I have every bit of confidence that you will reach your weight goal! Who knows maybe you will be beat me :) regardless I am so glad you are in a better, healthier, and happier place now in your life!
love forever,
Charlenie "lil sis"

Honesty is my Diet said...

Thanks "lil sis"! It means a lot to have your support and just so you know, you came from the same 2 people - you are definitely just as strong as me, you just have to realize you are! For you, you look great, I know you just want to be more inshape, but I don't think a weightloss goal is needed for you! :) BTW I LOVED working out next to you on Saturday. LOTS OF FUN!

~Love ya,
"Big sis"