Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Reverting!

It's finally Friday! YAY! I'm excited because this weekend I am going to Charlotte with my boyfriend and I have never been there before. Sadly it's to help him find a place to live, but long term it is the best decision so I am on board. The only "bad" part about this weekend is I am not sure if I am going to have a chance to work out. I know today I won't, as it was rainy this morning so I didn't go for a walk, I have a meeting during lunch so won't be able to work out and after work I will be in a car traveling - oh well. I did pack my workout bag and brought it with me though in hopes that I can get in something at least once. I am definitely not going to meet all my MFP Agust Team Challenge daily exercise challenges this week but what can you do? I have come to terms and am okay knowing that if it doesn't happen it isn't the end of the world. (sorry team Exercists, I will do my best I just don't want to make a promise I can't keep)

Yesterday I got an email from a good friend that has been such an amazing supporter throughout my journey and someone that has been inspiring me non-stop throught this too. She has been losing weight left and right and making amazing choices that she should be soo proud of. Her goal is under a certain number by New Years and I know she will blow that out fo the water! Anyway, as I was saying I got an email from her last night and she was soo supportive. She could tell from my blog yesterday - Plateau - that I am frustrated and struggling a bit internally. Her email was exactly what I needed! She re-enforced that I am doing this journey not for the overall number, even though that is definitely a driving force, but for my health ultimately. I am not seeing results on the scale right now but I am seeing it in the way my clothes fit and how my body is transforming. That is 10 times more important than the number on a scale. She also made a great point and that out of my entire blog I never said I was giving up or reverting to my old habits of eating a whole bowl of salsa with a huge bag of chips! haha! That in itself is a small victory and what we call on MFP a NSV(non-scale victory). I did probably eat a tad more yesterday than I should have - my sister made this awesome dinner and I just kept picking at it after I was done. It was delicious and I was still a bit hungry from swimming. However, in the big picture I didn't revert and that is huge!

I realized yesterday evening after reading my friend's email (THANK YOU GIRL!!) that even more importantly than my clothes fitting better I have really changed habits, I have definitely come a ways on my journey. I have talked about portion control (Portion Control is my Mt. Everest) before and how I have struggled with it but I have made some conscience decisions and changes in my life lately that are paying off, and they are showing! I talked about it on Wednesday this week (Take on the World) how I only ate 1 gyro instead  of both. I ate the first one soo fast and instead of shoveling the 2nd one down too before my stomach had the chance to realize it was full , I stopped and let my body catch up. Before I would have definitely downed that 2nd one regardless and enjoyed every bite eveen though I would be uncomfortable afterwards. It's things like this that make me realize that the number doesn't always matter, it is the journey, the changes, the transformation, becoming healthier that really matter! The number is just the icing on the cake!

I am still going to track my number every day for a while, but it's to help me realize and analyze how I can better help myself on this journey I am on. I even brought my scale with me this weekend - yup it's packed! haha! I also found this great website yesterday thanks to a friend on MFP that can help you determine what your percentage in body fat is - Home Body Fat Test. I know it's just a website so there is some error involved, but it still gives you a good idea and in retrospect it's a good tool. Here were my results:

You have 23.7% body fat.
You have 40.5 Pounds of fat and 130.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).


Enjoy your weekend and remember that there is always a postive light in every situation!!!


No comments: