Thursday, August 25, 2011

Plateau

Okay so I have decided I have hit a plateau! I can't manage to get out of the 172ish-171ish pounds area. This whole month I have been working my butt off doing all sorts of exercises and working out. I guess I could be doing better on my food, but it's not like I have been bad. This challenge I started at 173lbs on August 1st and today I am 171? 2lb loss really that's it?!

I have been doing some reading and I did lose a lot quickly in June/July because I started doing things again and I think I shocked my body a bit. That is probably 1 factor that is contributing to me plateauing. It's not that I have been lying, but there are little bites here and there that I haven't been tracking and I know I need to be. I have been stressed out a lot lately too which makes your body hold onto everything and bloat. There are probably a whole bunch of reasons but I need to figure this out so I can keep losing.

I want to try weighing myself every day and tracking it to find out how I fluctuate. Also, looking at my food diary and determining/ watching what things affect me and see if that can help me. I know I am going to keep on trucking and working out just like I am - Jillian Michael's DVDs, cardio, strength training exercises, swimming because I know in the end it will all pay off. I just can't wait to step on that scale and see the number 6 following the number 1. I know what I am doing is working because I have dropped back into a size 8 instead of where I was a size 12. Like today I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn in probably a year or more because they were too tight! They are snug but not uncomfortable by any means and getting into them this morning made me really happy!

Talking about all of this helps though. I am not sad or upset about the plateau, maybe frustrated a bit. I just have to keep on going and honestly I know without the support of my close friends and family and also my MFP family I would have given up, faded off, and just reverted to old habits. That's how I got to where I was in November last year. (If you miss the pictures and the reason, check out  - "Behind the Issue(s)" to learn more about me) That's why I am doing this journey, to change habits and thinking behaviors to a healthier me. I have to keep reminding myself that this is long term and that just keep on sticking to what you know works and eventually it will!

Here's to a good day and one more step to my journey!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

SO IMPRESSED by your strength!!!! Don't stop- you're doing GREAT!

Honesty is my Diet said...

Thanks Brittany! I really appreciate it :)