Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy with ME!

I absolutely can not wait for the weekend this week! I am headed back to my Alma mater, Texas A&M and into Aggieland for a Swimming & Diving alumni weekend! This is the weekend that has been my motivation, the drive behind this journey these past couple of months. I fly into Dallas with my boyfriend (Yes he is coming I am soo excited!!) and my best friend and her husband pick us up at the airport and then off to College Station for a fun filled 45 hours or so until we head back to Dallas to get on a plane and come back. The thing I am really excited about is that I am not embarrassed anymore about the way I look. I still have a lot of walking to do along my journey but I am at a point where I am happy at what I see in the mirror and if I am happy with that then I will show that through my body language and being me. YAY!

This weekend I also did a lot to get myself back on track. I took my bridesmaid dress in to get it altered and the lady asked me when I bought the dress (which was mid-June: "Yes I am 2 sizes - Thank You!") and was surprised that she was taking in enough to make it 2 sizes smaller at least! YAY! That made me feel good. I bought the larger size for 2 reasons, it was the part at my boob/back that wouldn't zip up and that is part of my frame so I wasn't sure if I could make my frame shrink in time, which brings me to my 2nd reason which in the past I haven't been that great at losing weight and didn't want another episode of a best friend's wedding where my dress didn't fit. Well I proved myself wrong and that made me feel great! I get it back on November 2nd and hopefully it will fit like a glove. Sunday I went to town on putting myself back together. I deep cleaned my entire bathroom which I have been putting off for a while, I did all my laundry & put it all away, vacuumed the entire house, tidyed up my room and house, strengthened out my closet which needed it, and did my personal 2012 budget.

I am one of those people that has to have my life and living space in order to keep myself calm and de-stressed. I enjoy coming home to a room that is clean and tidy, even after a bad day it helps unwind me and relax me. When it isn't it just adds to the day and stresses me out more. I also need to be in control of my life and that helps, but my budget is a big thing. I have had a lot of stress in this area lately from an outside party and I am tired of letting this person have too much control over how I do things and this weekend I sat down and put together a budget for me for 2012 that is tight, but allows me to get rid of my debt in the next 10 months! That alone, getting it taken care of, took a huge weight off my shoulders. I have a lofty goal to hit before September next year and I want to hit it and I knew without a plan written out I would have a hard time achieving it so that's just what I did. The only thing I didn't do this weekend was put together a meal plan for this week and a couple coming up. That's okay the big thing I wanted to do I got done. YAY!

By the way I made Chili on Saturday and holy cow it was delicious! I decided to use mild Italian sausage with the lean beef and of course drained off all the fat afterwards - OMG it was amazing! I also used all low-sodium products and I could tell that helped. I have really discovered that there is no reason to buy regular anymore when there are low-sodium options now. It makes things taste better in my opinion. I used fresh veggies; onions and red & green bell pepper, fresh jalapenos from my garden and garlic too. I have the last bit for lunch today and definitely looking forward to it! :)

Enjoy your week and pray it is a fast 4 days - of ya I have Friday off! :)

No comments: