Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Enjoy Life to its Fullest!

The August Challenge is officially over and I reported my final weight today at 170.2. Yay I lost 3lbs in August! I know that isn't much and might be hard to understand that I am excited about less than a pound drop per week, but I learned soo much about myself during August. I hit a plateau that basically lasted the entire month and I definitely struggled through it. I learned though that it more than just the number on the scale (read this blog I talk about it more - "Numbers"). What I learned is something more valuable to me than the number on the scale. I learned that this is a lifestyle change, this is feeling good about me, this is becoming healthier and learning how to balance this all with life!

Yesterday I talked about my NSV (No Scale Victory) - "NSV!!" - and how I got into a dress that I haven't worn in a year and half. I got a couple requests to see a picture so I took one right before I changed to go work out, here you go:


I was soo proud of myself for getting into it. today I did the same thing too... another dress worn for the first time in a year and half! Here's this one too!



Yesterday though I had another NSV but this one was a bit different. It was a victory because I chose to not work out and I knew it was the right decision. I also didn't even remotely beat myself up for it. I was all planned to go work out at 4 like normal on Tuesday and then afterwards go swim for an hour and then head to one of our favorite bars for trivia and a good time. Well yesterday afternoon I realized that with my boyfriend leaving for good, moving to Charlotte I am not going to be able to hang out with him whenever like I can now. Why would I want to go swim and lose time with him? I can work out and swim till my little heart desires once he is gone, however, I want that hour, hour and a half by the time all the driving happens instead with him. I worked out a full hour instead of the 50 minutes normal on Tuesday and changed there and then headed to the bar for drink, dinner, and trivia with my boyfriend and another friend. It was the best decision I made and I don't feel bad about not swimming. In fact I am happy I didn't and to me that is a NSV! Life isn't about always working out, beating yourself up when you can't, and stressing out to get those calories burnt off. If it doesn't happen that day like you planned than life happened and know that tomorrow is another day and make it happen then or even the next day. Life is too short to worry about trivial things and I want to enjoy life to it's fullest!!!



By the way Check out what I looked like on July 31st the day before the challenge started - "August Challenge". I am going to take a picture tonight in the same clothes for a good comparison. :) Check tomorrow to see them side by side!!

No comments: